Data Vault 2.0 Training
Get Data Vault 2.0 Certified
Interactive, live Data Vault 2.0 courses delivered online every month, designed for data professionals looking to create competitive advantage through enterprise-wide data governance.
Authorised training partner of the Data Vault Alliance
Since its launch in 2013, Data Vault 2.0 has been increasingly adopted as a best practice standard for Data Warehousing and is fully applicable to Big Data deployments. Companies including Macquarie Bank, Pepper, AGL, CBA, TAC, have already implemented automated Data Warehousing using Data Vault.
Ignition are the only Data Vault Alliance training partner in the APAC region. Our highly experienced trainers deliver an immersive four-day online boot camp that includes a hands-on lab. We also offer Executive Training courses. Public courses are run on Australian Eastern Time. Private courses can be run to suit your local time zone.
Certus have been delivering Data Vault 2.0 training courses since 2017
Meet your Instructor
Certified Data Vault Trainer | Ignition
Over the last 25 years, Nols has acquired thorough experience and skill across a broad range of disciplines. He is committed to establishing capabilities and guiding these capabilities from infancy to maturity for organisations. His work across various industries has helped him gain an in-depth understanding of the issues faced by today's organisations.
He is an expert in Big Data, NoSQL, and Hybrid solutions and has worked on numerous commercial Data Vault projects. He is a Certified Data Vault 2.0 Practitioner and a Certified Data Vault Trainer.
Our Data Vault Training Courses
We are offering different Data Vault Training courses, designed for different levels of knowledge and roles.
An immersive online boot camp that will outline the benefits of Data Vault 2.0. By the completion of the course you will be well briefed in the standards, methods, architecture, and design of end-to-end data warehouses for a corporate level.
An on-demand course designed to give business leaders the knowledge and skills to embed Data Vault 2.0 into their organisation, support data teams and ensure business outcomes are achieved. Download the overview below.
Why get Data Vault 2.0 certified
Certification in Data Vault 2.0 demonstrates that you are well briefed in the standards, methods, architecture, and design of end-to-end data warehouses for a corporate level. Upon completing the course, you will be able to;
- Build, automate and deploy Data Vault systems from end to end with only weeks of design and implementation
- Deliver in an agile fashion
- Discuss the business benefits and uplift (or value) with the business users
- Manage a full Data Vault 2.0 project
- Include Big Data and NoSQL systems seamlessly and effortlessly in your Data Vault 2.0 implementation plan.
An immersive four-day online boot camp that will outline the benefits of Data Vault 2.0 and give you the practical skills to take your first steps towards an implementation.
Agenda Day 1
On Day 1, we will kick things off with a general overview of Data Vault 2.0 before going into detail on things like SMP vs MPP and Core DV Structures and discussing real-world examples at Lockheed Martin and Commonwealth Bank.
- Data Vault 2.0 Overview / Review / Introduction
- Hadoop Overview (Cursory look)
- SMP vs MPP
- Data Vault at Lockheed Martin and Commonwealth Bank
- Business Vault
- Value of Data as an Asset
- Business Processes to Business Keys
- Hashing and Sequences
- Common Terminology
- Core DV Structures
Agenda Day 2
On Day 2, we'll get into the nitty-gritty detail of things like Links, Reference Data and Distribution and Co-Location, before splitting into groups for an interactive workshop.
- Dependent Child (Data Modeling)
- Driving Key
- Link to Link Denormalization
- Link Unit Of Work
- Exploration Links
- Applying Links
- Non-Historized Link
- Satellites in Depth
- Reference Data
- Distribution and Co-Location
- Queries in Hadoop MPP / Hive
- Point-in-Time and Bridge Tables (Dashboards, analytical, virtual marts)
- Group Workshop
Agenda Day 3
Day 3 covers advanced topics like Data Vault in a Data Lake, Loading Architecture and Dealing with Corrupted Data.
- Workshop Review
- Data Vault in a Data Lake
- Record Source Tracking
- Applying Set Logic
- ELT / ETL Performance Tuning
- Loading Architecture
- Column Comparison and Hash Differences
- Zero Key Concept
- Staging Loads
- Loading Templates / Standards
- End-Dating Satellite Templates
- Real-Time Loading
- Dealing with Corrupted Data
Agenda Day 4
This workshop has been designed to help developers and technical users apply their understanding of the Data Vault 2.0 theory in a real scenario, using automation tools and a cloud warehouse platform.
The agenda includes a series of interactive lectures and practical exercises providing plenty of opportunity to ask questions and ensure you have a clear grasp on how to model and develop a Data Vault 2.0 solution. Attendees will have the opportunity to model a Data Vault, ingest data, and query data.
*Pre-requisite: Completed Data Vault Certification
Data Vault 2.0 Refresher - 1.5 Hrs
- Data Vault concepts
- Data Vault architecture
Hands on Exercises - 6 Hrs
- Introduction to tools and approach
- Information delivery patterns
- Identify the business keys
- Identify the relationships
- Classification of descriptors
- Hands on modelling
- Accelerate to implementation
- Extended patterns
- Model consumption into Snowflake
- Integrate with Information management approaches demonstration
What people are saying about the course
As a professional, Data Vault gives me more tools to communicate with the business and more solutions to overcome some of our challenges.